** NEW COBRA PRICING **

Will you run cobra at new pricing level

• Yes

• No

• Want to see others experiment more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok . Just passing along information on the tire I dig it if you don't then don't.

Everyone wants to pee further then the next guy on here it's old.

Everyone has the option but not the ability to scroll past.

Have some fun on here tired of bickering
I'm not attacking you, just pointing out that while the lower cost may help the racer, it may be hurting the kart shops we all know and love. Like I said, I'll probably order a set, I'm just a little concerned at the business practices behind the scenes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not attacking you, just pointing out that while the lower cost may help the racer, it may be hurting the kart shops we all know and love. Like I said, I'll probably order a set, I'm just a little concerned at the business practices behind the scenes.

If karters, since I was called out for saying 'we' . Can get on a good affordable tire that doesn't get put in the corner after 40 laps I am behind it.

Ok . Just passing along information on the tire I dig it if you don't then don't.

Everyone wants to pee further then the next guy on here it's old.

Everyone has the option but not the ability to scroll past.

Have some fun on here tired of bickering

I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but go kart racing is the biggest pee-pee measuring contest in the world. Not just here, everywhere.

If karters, since I was called out for saying 'we' . Can get on a good affordable tire that doesn't get put in the corner after 40 laps I am behind it.
So far I notice significant fall off after 40 laps on the cobras. For me so far they are only good for one flip, where I can flip my maxxis several times. I like the price point, I just had to buy a new set every 3 races.

That is kind of what I ran into as well. I like them and have won on them. I own 3 sets of them. But I have noticed that they come on like gangbusters for a race or two then start to fall off. I have tried no prep, prepped internally only and externally only. Through the summer they rocked and late chilly damp fall I couldn’t get em to work once track temp was down. Will I continue to use them.... more than likely

That is kind of what I ran into as well. I like them and have won on them. I own 3 sets of them. But I have noticed that they come on like gangbusters for a race or two then start to fall off. I have tried no prep, prepped internally only and externally only. Through the summer they rocked and late chilly damp fall I couldn’t get em to work once track temp was down. Will I continue to use them.... more than likely
I had the thought to use cobras for heat races while the sun is still on the track and then use my Maxxis to do the dirty work after dark

I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but go kart racing is the biggest pee-pee measuring contest in the world. Not just here, everywhere.

I had the thought to use cobras for heat races while the sun is still on the track and then use my Maxxis to do the dirty work after dark

That's awesome idea being creative cutting your own way.

If guys are all doing the same how do you get a advantage?

Keep digging

even then, time vs money, it’s not profitable.

aside from owning a race track and building engines, I’ve done everything in Karting you can do to make a buck. Nothing pays more per hour then buyouts, clutches, and nerf bar building.

which is why I do those three things LOL
I hear ya, I was pointing that out if your gonna offer it be good at it. Trust me there not big margins in owning a race track either, at least here in central Pa.

Don't be to sure about that.
Look at Thanksgiving Thunder, thats Cobras home track. Cobra tire races were .5-.8 slower than Maxxis with some big names running both of the classes.
Cobra, as a spec tire, would be fine, but in an open tire world, wont compete.
Price point makes it attractive for local racing. Tire not lasting before major loss of speed, tendency to slide off the bead, makes it unattractive.
Good thing is...karter has the choice :)

Look at Thanksgiving Thunder, thats Cobras home track. Cobra tire races were .5-.8 slower than Maxxis with some big names running both of the classes.
Price point makes it attractive for local racing. Tire not lasting before major loss of speed, tendency to slide off the bead, makes it unattractive.

.5 to .8 slower with just over a year of use.

And not to mention that the usage is minimal for these 'top' guys.

New isn't bad think everyone just knew how much junk to dump on and in a plastic maxxis to 'make it fast' things take time.

Looks like a Maxxis homer alert. First i have heard about sliding off the bead... Do you think more folks are national racing or local racing? I haven't bought a set but local tire guy is selling them and winning on them at open tire track. He was honest about them they had a cording issue of some type on the LF's where it had a dip in the middle that was too great to cut out with a tire cutter. Also said he wouldn't be back on maxxis unless it was spec tire rule

We aren't any top team and I certainly am not tire expert .
I do know 5-8 tenths is huge .
While racing maxxis , we typically carried a set of firestones .
Old previously raced tires . You could bolt them on and pickup 2-3 tenths wiping the same stuff on as the maxxis .
After a full year ; The tire has been tested by the Top Guys and the Local average racer .
Previous posts lament it's quality's .
Blaming the lack of experience with the tire doesn't change those facts .

Using maxxis prep techniques dont work that's coming right from cobra.

How many people do you think changed their old habits?

How many did the same stuff including inside prep that your not supposed to do per the tire brand.

But then again these guys that race know best and more than everyone else. So heck with it and those guys I look forward to being the underdog and running them.

One thing this thread has proven is there are a few Maxxis haters out there !!
And should be! There plastic, expensive, needs expensive treatment to 'be fast'

Try selling a pink and blue northern PA all say junk ! I hate em and did since in NC and do now in central PA.

I like the conversation RP. But I will always hate current maxxis programs and the tire it has become.

.5 to .8 slower with just over a year of use.

And not to mention that the usage is minimal for these 'top' guys.

New isn't bad think everyone just knew how much junk to dump on and in a plastic maxxis to 'make it fast' things take time.
Where you been, Cobra been around since like 2017.
Minimal use i do agree with, because the speed isnt there.

Back