** NEW COBRA PRICING **

Will you run cobra at new pricing level

• Yes

• No

• Want to see others experiment more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Where you been, Cobra been around since like 2017.
Minimal use i do agree with, because the speed isnt there.

I'm talking about the newest release, the first round not so hot we know.

Minimal use because people go to what they know. I'd hate to be a prep dealer with a tire claiming to perform without it. If the tire works without prep that hurts $$$.

If no one had noticed people are tired of prep. Go look at the biggest reason for sellouts its tires people are frustrated and dam tired of playing big wallet vs little wallet with tires. RP gave me some quick Burris advice for a burris spec track I wont go because I can't darn afford it ! Rich people have ruined karting. So have spec tire tracks, and overall the tire game!

One day the promoters will hopefully wake up head to the track for maintenance pass all the cars in traffic and realize the rich people dont keep them going.

Its blue collar guys and the dad who gets his kids on the weekend drives an old truck not a fancy 32ft w a camper.

That mom or dad they are karting. That kid that has 1 chassis shares it with his brother or sister every other week that's karting.

Nothing wrong with having nice equipment but this isn't and hasn't and darn sure wont be nascar and the silver of a rich people kid becoming a nascar star is slim.

Have fun be safe. Bob's 4 cycle is a bunch of brats and know it alls. ✌🎤

I'm talking about the newest release, the first round not so hot we know.

Minimal use because people go to what they know. I'd hate to be a prep dealer with a tire claiming to perform without it. If the tire works without prep that hurts $$$.

If no one had noticed people are tired of prep. Go look at the biggest reason for sellouts its tires people are frustrated and darn tired of playing big wallet vs little wallet with tires. RP gave me some quick Burris advice for a burris spec track I wont go because I can't darn afford it ! Rich people have ruined karting. So have spec tire tracks, and overall the tire game!

One day the promoters will hopefully wake up head to the track for maintenance pass all the cars in traffic and realize the rich people dont keep them going.

Its blue collar guys and the dad who gets his kids on the weekend drives an old truck not a fancy 32ft w a camper.

That mom or dad they are karting. That kid that has 1 chassis shares it with his brother or sister every other week that's karting.

Nothing wrong with having nice equipment but this isn't and hasn't and dam sure wont be nascar and the silver of a rich people kid becoming a nascar star is slim.

Have fun be safe. Bob's 4 cycle is a bunch of brats and know it alls. ✌🎤
First and foremost, I agree. Tires and the science behind it sucks. However, here are some interesting points I had thought about over the weekend.

I started in R/C racing, we ALL complained about track time. Track time this, track time that, "That track is great, but you dont get enough track time", etc. It was hurting the industry because guys were too busy complaining about track time to realize where they were on the spectrum.

In karting, we complain about tires, tire prices, and the mad science that goes into what prep and when. Personally, it doesn't bother me more than a slight annoyance, but I also dont spend my whole day at the track worrying about what prep I'm going to use. I pretty much already know what works at my track. I don't blame guys for hating tire prep. I wish you could just take em out of the box, sand em, and run em. It would sure make my trailer less stinky.

In big car racing, such as your local dirt track, everyone complains about the skyrocketing costs of engines and chassis. Things like "Well the only reason he wins is because he can afford a 2020 chassis, and he has that $25,000 motor for a B-Mod." Others complain about tire wear and the associated costs. If you think your tire work is annoying, go late model racing sometime. 3 new tires every two weeks, if you run longer features, maybe 3 new ones every week. And those are $1000 per set. Thats what they complain about.

The blue collar keeps the industry alive, but the top guys DRIVE the industry to be better. To innovate, to engineer, etc. It does drive up the costs, no one doubts that. But I would guess that at most local level races, the racers that are winning arent on the newest stuff. My predator class was won by a 2012 slip-joint charger. The Clone heavy was a tight battle between a 2005 chassis and a modified 1998 chassis.

I agree, Bob's is a bunch of brats and know it alls. Why else would I come here? I don't want information from guys who dont know it all.

First and foremost, I agree. Tires and the science behind it sucks. However, here are some interesting points I had thought about over the weekend.

I started in R/C racing, we ALL complained about track time. Track time this, track time that, "That track is great, but you dont get enough track time", etc. It was hurting the industry because guys were too busy complaining about track time to realize where they were on the spectrum.

In karting, we complain about tires, tire prices, and the mad science that goes into what prep and when. Personally, it doesn't bother me more than a slight annoyance, but I also dont spend my whole day at the track worrying about what prep I'm going to use. I pretty much already know what works at my track. I don't blame guys for hating tire prep. I wish you could just take em out of the box, sand em, and run em. It would sure make my trailer less stinky.

In big car racing, such as your local dirt track, everyone complains about the skyrocketing costs of engines and chassis. Things like "Well the only reason he wins is because he can afford a 2020 chassis, and he has that $25,000 motor for a B-Mod." Others complain about tire wear and the associated costs. If you think your tire work is annoying, go late model racing sometime. 3 new tires every two weeks, if you run longer features, maybe 3 new ones every week. And those are $1000 per set. Thats what they complain about.

The blue collar keeps the industry alive, but the top guys DRIVE the industry to be better. To innovate, to engineer, etc. It does drive up the costs, no one doubts that. But I would guess that at most local level races, the racers that are winning arent on the newest stuff. My predator class was won by a 2012 slip-joint charger. The Clone heavy was a tight battle between a 2005 chassis and a modified 1998 chassis.

I agree, Bob's is a bunch of brats and know it alls. Why else would I come here? I don't want information from guys who dont know it all.

I can appreciate that response

Well . That's two things I've never been called before .. 🙂..

I was going to say treads would be the way . Problem is treads cost as much as other tires . A set of treads for 134.00 $ , That would be a bargain .

I was going to say treads would be the way . Problem is treads cost as much as other tires . A set of treads for 134.00 $ ,That would be a bargain .

DNQ no prep travels in NC
All American no prep ss11s mountain creek NC
Millbridge holds the JR box stock tires at the track 1 set no prep

There's no prep popping up. People are tired of the tire game.

I'd do a no prep class, spec or open tire.
I'd rather invest in a few sets and have a soft med hard vs blowing tons of $ and time pouring chemicals on or in a tire.

Were getting away from the topic and that's the new cobra tire pricing. My answer simply is yes yes yes ! I want to work the tire and find ways to make it work. Sadly with prep bc I understand today and 15 years ago when prep in my area was taking off it does work

I was going to say treads would be the way . Problem is treads cost as much as other tires . A set of treads for 134.00 $ , That would be a bargain .
I have an idea. Grooving and siping. Allow us to grove and sipe the $134 slicks.

I have an idea. Grooving and siping. Allow us to grove and sipe the $134 slicks.

That would be cool. No prep groove sipe like dirt late models do.

Give you the ability to make your own decisions on what you want the tire to do.

It would be interesting ! We have to keep in mind what's at the end of the tunnel is the squeeze worth the juice. Only person that's supposed to profit is the track owner. So is all the chaos worth it! Does it make sense to have all that $ in to tires and tire tools and 2500 rollers. IMO and you all already know no.

I'd imagine you could do at least a little bit. Very shallow, but grooved just the same.

Shallow would be ok? Dont need huge lugs. Were not generally in a position to need that.

Little lugs will be faster on bigger momentum tracks and dry.

Shallow will be more suited for wet and needed side bite.

I believe not a tread guy but makes sense??

Shallow would be ok? Dont need huge lugs. Were not generally in a position to need that.

Little lugs will be faster on bigger momentum tracks and dry.

Shallow will be more suited for wet and needed side bite.

I believe not a tread guy but makes sense??
Well I know they cut the lugs down on the Hoosiers.

Well I know they cut the lugs down on the Hoosiers.
I mis spoke , edit

little lug depth dry fast tracks
Deep wet damp more bite.

I would see 3 sets. 1 cut for dry fast. Medium cut heat race/possible feature. 1 no cut qualifier/possible heat.

I can see my delivery was not PC, but usually when people are fed up with things they are not anymore.

It's the same 10 or so guys busting chops in here and telling everyone they are wrong.

Let us cobs be cobs I guess. LoL !!

If you took away the rich kids and pro guys that people put on a pedestal the sport wouldn't be hurt. Infact may increase.

Why would I or anyone enter a race against yarborough and Carter or others ppl flock over? I may as well walk over and give them my money.

If people are so amazing go south leave PA and their home track where they are king see where they measure. It's insane in NC where I came from.

Any given weekend there several thousand dollar pay outs. Weekly racing can be upwards 300-500 to win at the right track.

I'm going to stick to my plan. Enjoy my time, try to not tear stuff up. Run what I want , people will all be the same and same lap times when all on same product and program. Give or take, hence single file speedway racing

Not chasing 3 wipes here or there several sets prepped different. Majority of people of the karting is fed up with tires and tire game.

Stock cars dont prep they buff and flip mainly. Or get caught cheating lol !

Think it's a fluke that DNQ fills the field with no prep classes? Think again. Prep and maxxis being a throw away tires has ruined it

I maybe a jerk and not PC , but im not wrong on this.

Think it's a fluke that DNQ fills the field with no prep classes? Think again. Prep and maxxis being a throw away tires has ruined it

sad thing is some of the hot shoes showed up at dnq last year and got caught cheating with prep supposedly! maybe im wrong but thats what i heard

sad thing is some of the hot shoes showed up at dnq last year and got caught cheating with prep supposedly! maybe im wrong but thats what i heard

Wouldn't expect anything less! I'm just a normal guy that's had enough crap and fired up and I'll watch my language better but willing to air it out.

Think guys really buy OTB 212s and run them? They dyno test several and mixing parts tightening tolerances to be quick with stock parts. Or flat cheating ! RPM max 5400? But the crew runs the pedal!

I think its awesome to be great at your craft. But the top guys dont keep it going.

The treads will be ruined just like the clone did just like the predator did and will continue.

How hard was it guys! Flat head one motor sanctioned by every track go anywhere with common rules.

It's a mess now 3 motors 26 classes how the heck can anyone keep up ! Let alone afford to try to.

I can see my delivery was not PC, but usually when people are fed up with things they are not anymore.

It's the same 10 or so guys busting chops in here and telling everyone they are wrong.

Let us cobs be cobs I guess. LoL !!

If you took away the rich kids and pro guys that people put on a pedestal the sport wouldn't be hurt. Infact may increase.

Why would I or anyone enter a race against yarborough and Carter or others ppl flock over? I may as well walk over and give them my money.

If people are so amazing go south leave PA and their home track where they are king see where they measure. It's insane in NC where I came from.

Any given weekend there several thousand dollar pay outs. Weekly racing can be upwards 300-500 to win at the right track.

I'm going to stick to my plan. Enjoy my time, try to not tear stuff up. Run what I want , people will all be the same and same lap times when all on same product and program. Give or take, hence single file speedway racing

Not chasing 3 wipes here or there several sets prepped different. Majority of people of the karting is fed up with tires and tire game.

Stock cars dont prep they buff and flip mainly. Or get caught cheating lol !

I maybe a jerk and not PC , but im not wrong on this.
I pointed this out in your last rant post months or even a year ago, I don't know about others but for me your so all over the place my head is spinning, making it harder to absorb your point of view.

I pointed this out in your last rant post months or even a year ago, I don't know about others but for me your so all over the place my head is spinning, making it harder to absorb your point of view.

It's ok some will not. Not faulting you.

Anytime I post it's on point if you need back in the beginning and then others typically comment and it goes sideways.

Not rants RP but conversations that you can't keep making individual threads for.

My old tire rant a year ago definitely a rant. But today not the case no need to call everything i say a rant because it's not favorable for some.

Put your self in the guys shoes who simply gets beat by bank roll more than anything

It's ok some will not. Not faulting you.

Anytime I post it's on point if you need back in the beginning and then others typically comment and it goes sideways.

Not rants RP but conversations that you can't keep making individual threads for.

My old tire rant a year ago definitely a rant. But today not the case no need to call everything i say a rant because it's not favorable for some.
Sorry should of specified, I was referring to your first post this morning as more of a rant, not the entire thread, I agree doesn't need to be separate threads for everything because it's your thread being taken off the rails, but pointing out for me conversation and seeing your point of view would be much easier if it was less subjects at a time.

Back