** NEW COBRA PRICING **

Will you run cobra at new pricing level

• Yes

• No

• Want to see others experiment more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just going to rely on ourselves to try and make it work.

Or keep doing your own program.

One thing for sure waiting to see what others do won't be the answer.

Gotta try new stuff now and again

If you think about it knowing there somewhat stiff sidewall and punch like 58 new, that compares to Burris 55s and Maxxis pinks which tells me they would need Internal for more tracks than not, as there's very few tracks you can run maxxis or 55s straight up.

My big question is if I can get some of my local tracks to possibly add a cobra tire and the demand continues to be higher. Will the price start rising? If that’s the case then before to long it’s going to be right back to square one and we’re still complaining about the price of tires

My big question is if I can get some of my local tracks to possibly add a cobra tire and the demand continues to be higher. Will the price start rising? If that’s the case then before to long it’s going to be right back to square one and we’re still complaining about the price of tires

They just dropped 8$ per set when maxxis increased 8$ per set.

COBRA SERIES COMING TO GKK(Carnesville, GA) STARTING SATURDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2021

$15 gate
$20 entry

Clone: Light-Medium-Heavy-Super

OTB Predator: Jr-Medium-Heavy-Super

Plate Classes: Red-Green-Purple-Blue

Chester responded to this very thing on a different thread that NO they will not increase in price.

******* from cobra not me *******
January 4, 2021

Kart racing is a great family sport people enjoy across the country. One of the biggest expenses in kart racing is tires and Cobra recognizes that. One of our main focal points at Cobra is cost. Our goal is to provide a competitive tire that is fast, easy to use, durable, and cost effective. Since we introduced our tire in January 2020, the Cobra tire has really taken off and has proven that we can meet those goals. They have performed very well on all types of dirt track surfaces and excelled on asphalt with winners across the country. We will continue to strive for higher standards and support this sport and the racers that we love so much.

A few days ago, one of our competitors raised their prices by $2 per tire increasing their cost for a set of tires by an additional $8. We at Cobra have decided to make a price change as well to further emphasize our dedication to the racers in this sport. When we launched our tires a year ago, the price of $139 per set was unheard of and excited a lot of people. We think we can do better… so effective immediately we will REDUCE the cost of our tires by $2 per tire or $8 per set.

The new prices for Cobras will be:
Full set: $131.
Three-tire sets (minus the left front tire): $108.
Right side tires (8.50”-6): $38.

If you haven’t tried the Cobra yet, please read the tips we provide on our webpage (www.cobratires.com/about-our-tires) under “Cobra Tech.” Each tire manufacturer is different and each brand of tires must be prepared to race differently.

If you have been using Cobra tires… THANK YOU! We appreciate your support and hope you like the price change as we continue to support racers.

Strike Fast!

NOTE: Price changes will take effect on the Cobra website (www.CobraTires.com) within 24 hours.

Chester responded to this very thing on a different thread that NO they will not increase in price.
Supply and demand controls everything, and if the demand is there, the price will go up as well.
There was a race this weekend at Carnesville again, Maxxis and Cobra allowed, with several Cobra classes only as well. You can check lap times on Race Monitor yourselves.

Supply and demand sorta like prep? Look how out of control that business is!

There's only so many active ingredients, what they sell is hope and promise

I really don’t care about price change. After reading comments. I’m definitely gonna try some cobras. 1 adult kart with cobras and the other Burris.

I’m going to jump in on this conversation and say yep we’re going to try a set of Cobra’s. I mean why not the price is right. As far as the tire prep I think it’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous amount of money and time wasted when you could be working other things like chassis setup for example.

If we used the prep back in the 80’s we would’ve been illegal just like the DNQ series that don’t allow it. I would fully support any of W Pa tracks if they ran no prep classes. I did notice out west in some parts of California and Arizona they don’t play this slicks with prep game they run threads. Just my thoughts

I’m going to jump in on this conversation and say yep we’re going to try a set of Cobra’s. I mean why not the price is right. As far as the tire prep I think it’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous amount of money and time wasted when you could be working other things like chassis setup for example.

If we used the prep back in the 80’s we would’ve been illegal just like the DNQ series that don’t allow it. I would fully support any of W Pa tracks if they ran no prep classes. I did notice out west in some parts of California and Arizona they don’t play this slicks with prep game they run threads. Just my thoughts

If we used the prep back in the 80’s we would’ve been illegal just like the DNQ series that don’t allow it. I would fully support any of W Pa tracks if they ran no prep classes. I did notice out west in some parts of California and Arizona they don’t play this slicks with prep game they run threads. Just my thought

Treads get prepped just as much as slicks. Just depends on which tire rule is in place in how much you prep.

Can't answer the survey when your in BURRIS country and under BURRIS only rule. And for a open tire rule I can answer NO because they will not be the fastest tire here in central Pa, Now if there a spec tire that's a whole different game then of course I'd buy them.
Mine were fast once,first time out. after first heat cycle they fell off.

Back