Somebody had to do it. Ghost parts specs and engine profile.

Let me repeat.......
You started this thread to suggest to Harbor Fgt on how this platform could be made usable in kart racing, yet as far as I see only one such suggestion was made. Why doesn't somebody start a thread where we can all bash or support the engine and leave this as was intended?

You started this thread to suggest to Harbor Fgt on how this platform could be made usable in kart racing, yet as far as I see only one such suggestion was made. Why doesn't somebody start a thread where we can all bash or support the engine and leave this as was intended?
I started this thread for one reason, with the hopes of gathering and sharing information on parts measurements and profiling for the reason of collecting the same info we've had to collect with the current 212 in use, in "box stock" classes. It would be nice if all the people who have a bunch of BS opinions to add, would do so somewhere else. That's too simple of logic for some to understand, apparently.

Last edited:
Coming from the same guy who told another guy, on another thread to start a different conversation if he wanted to talk about something other than the topic of the thread. Irony.
I started this thread for one reason, with the hopes of gathering and sharing information on parts measurements and profiling for the reason of collecting the same info we've had to collect with the current 212 in use, in "box stock" classes. It would be nice if all the people who have a bunch of BS opinions to add, would do so somewhere else. That's too simple of logic for some to understand, apparently.
So let's see, you started this to share information on parts and measurements, but you then start throwing in comparison results to a completely unrelated motor, to which I asked a question when yet another motor is brought up (by someone else), but somehow it's ironic that I told someone on a different thread to stay on topic? I'm not sure which is bigger with you right now, the irony in an of itself, or the hypocrisy in trying to call me out on it...

Here's a suggestion...stop engaging with people who don't only post in accordance with your linear topic of conversation about info on the Ghost parts and measurements for the purpose of profiling it. I'll even do you a solid and not post anything else in your thread until I pull my Ghost out of the box again and put it on the dyno or put it up against another kart with a 206 or something...deal?

So let's see, you started this to share information on parts and measurements, but you then start throwing in comparison results to a completely unrelated motor, to which I asked a question when yet another motor is brought up (by someone else), but somehow it's ironic that I told someone on a different thread to stay on topic? I'm not sure which is bigger with you right now, the irony in an of itself, or the hypocrisy in trying to call me out on it...

Here's a suggestion...stop engaging with people who don't only post in accordance with your linear topic of conversation about info on the Ghost parts and measurements for the purpose of profiling it. I'll even do you a solid and not post anything else in your thread until I pull my Ghost out of the box again and put it on the dyno or put it up against another kart with a 206 or something...deal?
he posted dyno numbers between the lo206 and the ghost in the 4th post. please read the entire thread before making comments. Rebsfan4 is being helpful and putting in a lot of work here please respect his efforts at least.

The first thing you need to understand about me is you're in ZERO position to make a deal with me AT ALL. Ever.. The second thing you should do is read the original post and stay on topic like you told katboy63 to do on the pure stock build thread . The third thing you need to do is educate yourself on why the existance of the ghost engine was even brought about, so you can begin to have a clue about what the dyno comparison are relevant.

So if you'd like to tear your Ghost engine down and, measure, weigh and do a complete profile, such as I did, we'd appreciate the info you could compile.

In reality any talk of or comparison to the 206 is irrelevant if you want to get technical about what belongs in here according to the original post
I think having a refence point is good. Both in the field, and on each builder's dyno.

206 makes sense as that reference point because there's one set of rules, one spec. I suspect clone builders may be more secretive on their own clone numbers, but would happily share a 206 curve to compare the ghost to.

That only deals with performance of course... parity is a whole other issue. For that I think most sprint pavement racers will hold off and pay an extra $300 to get that along with a ruleset. Then again... stock is a real problem for the 206

On the other hand these Ghosts seem to be getting snapped up by minibike builders and suchlike.

Last edited:
Everyone's dyno must be equally wrong. 🤣🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-101408_Messenger~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-101408_Messenger~3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 250
Where I did say anything about Harbor Freight using the word kart as an advertising tool?
sorry, I was referring to a response from another member.
Do you know the people behind the Ghost build or do you just see the word harbor freight? Have you discussed any of your opinions with the people behind the Ghost build? Or do you just see the word Harbor Freight? Do you know why the people behind the Ghost build sent their requirements for the Ghost build to their manufactures in China, or do you just see the words Harbor Freight? Do you know what they're doing on the west coast, right now, with the Ghost, or do you just see the word Harbor Freight?
I am open to hearing the answers to any of that^^^.
So far, as far as anyone knows that this is just another Harbor Freight import clone based engine.

As I said before rebsfan4, I applaud you for starting to look at what the new Harbor Freight motor is technically built like. What confuses this post is when information is inserted that muddies the direction. If you want to have a post purely about the measurements and specs, let's do that. I would not be offended if a moderator thinned down this post to remove the extraneous post - mine included.

sorry, I was referring to a response from another member.

I am open to hearing the answers to any of that^^^.
So far, as far as anyone knows that this is just another Harbor Freight import clone based engine.

As I said before rebsfan4, I applaud you for starting to look at what the new Harbor Freight motor is technically built like. What confuses this post is when information is inserted that muddies the direction. If you want to have a post purely about the measurements and specs, let's do that. I would not be offended if a moderator thinned down this post to remove the extraneous post - mine included.
I agree but the only thing muddling the post is people wanting comparisons to the current 212 Predator, any configuration. The reason the LO206 is used as a comparison is because of the Ghost engines original intent. The Ghost engine, whether people want to believe it or not, was brought about based on the lack of availability of the 206 from Briggs. It was and still is the intent, of the guys who decided to do this, to have an engine, comparable to the 206, available at a much lower price, based on the fact that they (Harbor Freight) could have the engine massed produced. They already knew and know the engine was not going to be comparable, as far as parity, with parts and such. However, that wasn't and still, AS OF NOW, isn't a concern. The people who brought this engine about really had no idea just how many dirt kart racers bought 212 Predator engines and put them on a kart. They knew how many engines were sold, but they literally had no idea as to the extent of the use of them by kart racers.

As far as hearing the answers to all of those questions, the only answer I can give you, at the moment is, I'm not guessing at anything here. I can't elaborate further on that. I wish I could but I can't. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Harbor Freight IS watching this all unfold. I didn't think they were either, UNTIL I made a post on a facebook page, about wanting to gather this same information.

I bought a fresh Mishue clone for $500 last year from a buddy to run and try my hand at because it was a no brainer to buy a national level clone at that price. The second the engine package changes or numbers drop off because of a new class I’m out and back to racing opens. The obsession karting has for a greatest and latest new package or the “the future” of karting is getting ridiculous. This is great idea for spec racing and I hope it stays just that. At the end of the day you’re all going to be pissed when the ghost becomes molested and under-teched and it’s just gonna be another superstock class. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
I bought a fresh Mishue clone for $500 last year from a buddy to run and try my hand at because it was a no brainer to buy a national level clone at that price. The second the engine package changes or numbers drop off because of a new class I’m out and back to racing opens. The obsession karting has for a greatest and latest new package or the “the future” of karting is getting ridiculous. At the end of the day you’re all going to be pissed when the ghost becomes molested and under-teched and it’s just gonna be another superstock class. 🤷🏽‍♂️
So you don't have anything to add to post as it pertains to the original content. Just another opinion. Got it.

So you don't have anything to add to post as it pertains to the original content. Just another opinion. Got it.
My point is this is a great idea. The general karting market though is going to take this great spec package and ruin it like everything else in the spec world. I would personally love to see predators burn down below and never be a thing again, and this take it’s place. The problem is racers make knee jerk reactions to every new thing and burn every bridge in racing infrastructure to herald in the future. I hope this motor package takes off and stays as intended because it’s affordable and makes good power. But let’s see what the top dogs and powers that be do to a great concept because history has shown rather negative results.

I'll be taking two more apart. Most likely just down to short block on these, unless something funny shows up. If I have to build my own data base, so be it. Well, except for the ones that are in the hands of a company everyone in the dirt karting world knows of. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Attachments

• 16536857389591887141359756994705.jpg
    16536857389591887141359756994705.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 26
Basic cam profiles comparisons of the three engines I own. #'s 4 and 5 will be coming soon. I have a race to tech in Florida this weekend. After that I'll be takeing engines 2 and 3 down to a minimum of short block, to measure and weigh all the head components, stroke and in the hole measurements.

Attachments

• 1654256999524.jpg
    1654256999524.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 1654256905953.jpg
    1654256905953.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 99
Numbers 4 and 5 cam profiles. Time to start dressing them all out with chain guards, pipes and fuel pumps.

Attachments

• 20220608_202342.jpg
    20220608_202342.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220608_202357.jpg
    20220608_202357.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 89
Back