Somebody had to do it. Ghost parts specs and engine profile.

Just to clarify the conversation about the Dyno. I have a friend in New York who tells me his engines are showing over 17 hp in a clone. He knows that that is not correct. However the Dyno is only used for the purpose of seeing improvements. Knowing that the hemi predator on my Dino is only making a little under 9 hp out of the box when super tuned I find it difficult to believe that there’s a difference of 3 hp on the ghost engine by just simply adding that carburetor. I could be wrong I’ve been wrong before
I'm guessing you know who
Red beard is on Red beards garage (you tube) he has a ton of small engine videos, in any event he ran a goast strait out the box on his dyno.
First he ran it with break in oil for about 20 minutes then changed the oil and got it back to operating temp and only got 9.9 hp out of it his dyno.
Just saying because I've been reading through the comments and the original post and have been hearing "part of the month" or in other words, some engines may be a little different from other engines.
I'm getting ready to build a stage 4 212 hemi, kinda wished I would have went with the 225 Tillotson starring with the racing block from go power sports but we'll I came across a brand new in the unopened box billit flywheel for a 212 hemi so now hear I am with a goast in the box and had to go buy a hemi bought the flat top ss valves, 26# springs billit sidecover, rod, sring retainers 265 cam, .010 head gasket and im gona do a clean up port and polish on the head. I don't have the money for roller rockers yet so here's my question, will I be ok with the stock push rods and lifters until I can save up more money or will I be ok for a few hrs of riding? Or should I wait till I can throw another 250-300 at it depending on which set of rockers I go with and if I use anything more than 1:1 ratio which I probably will at least go 1:2 maybe 1:3 but at that point I'll have to find some one who can take a few thousands off my head and mill some relief slots in my piston. So there is gona be more money because I'm sure I'll step up to head studs at this point.
And a $300 clutch.
( oh BTW I have a road course italkart) any thoughts or recommendation

Just to clarify the conversation about the Dyno. I have a friend in New York who tells me his engines are showing over 17 hp in a clone. He knows that that is not correct. However the Dyno is only used for the purpose of seeing improvements. Knowing that the hemi predator on my Dino is only making a little under 9 hp out of the box when super tuned I find it difficult to believe that there’s a difference of 3 hp on the ghost engine by just simply adding that carburetor. I could be wrong I’ve been wrong before
It's not just the carb it's a completely differnt cam profile as well

I don't want to get into it with anyone on here. Many will know me. Been around here since late 80's. Learned from a friend when you want to response to anything on here, well push the key board back and walk away for at least overnight. As Bob can attest to I haven't always done that. Now we have raced the Ghost up in New York for a couple of years now. They are not new to us. We have to run sealed 212's and Ghost motors. Boxes can not be opened or they will not be sealed(side cover and head). So we are not changing cams cranks or timing. The specs given will not allow 25 to 1/3 precent of the total Ghost I have setup and dynoed since last November for racing up here in New York (over 40). Cam centerlines and total lift at the retainer are the problem. I have seen up to .290's on retainers. Not all but some. The rockers are not modified or touched in any way. I use a straight edge across the rockers to be sure they are not modified. Cam centerlines are from 107 to 113.5 and the other side 102 to 108. I have teched for over 40 years. Started in IKF up here in New York in the late 70's. Worked WKA Nationals with Bobby Getty. Have worked with and for AKRA with Dyno Don since the beginning. Have raced karts since 1964. I have been building motors since 1970. Yes I'm old! Willing to work with the right people but these Ghost are no different than the Clones (96 CC's) . They are all over the place!!!

Last edited:
Kind of just jumping into this one, but is said tweaking to the Predator with the stock Predator carb? If so, the "say goodbye to your clone" thing is like comparing apples to hand grenades. Just because they look similar doesn't make them the same. I'd like to see the same carb and header used on both, "tweaked" straight out of the box before I'd make any assumption on standard Predators being ditched for the Ghost.
Come to New York. Been running them for about 2 years. Running big pipe and the stock carb. Just needs setting properly. Great motors!

Back