WAKE UPTrack Promotors

how do you judge yourself (set up, gear choice, driving and tires) against cheaters? How good are you at set up gear choice driving and tires if you have to cheat your motor to win? if you search you can find instances of the pros getting caught cheating prep, carbs, ports etc. how good are they really. and what did they do that wasn't found out?

Then what would you do with the illegal motor, can't run it.
Exactly.

Rules and tech make it expensive, claims make it a cheat fest. In some backward way, I like that I know there are guys I race with running illegal engines to try and run with me, and I still run top 2 or 3 every week.

It shouldn't be up to the racers to police the cheating. the track owners who have been around know who's doing what. you can hear the difference between the built vs. stock predator. They know the engine builders . The builders i talk to all agree cheating the predators is bad for the sport They also would rather sell you a clone with their name stuck all over it. the track owners and promoters should be telling the cheaters they are gonna call them out if they don't stop. the rules usually state the track can also make a claim. they should do it every once in a while. it's really up to them if they want to grow the sport or not. its ultimately their customers.

What would you say if I told you I can offer an alternative to the predator problem? For a cost of $285. Put your clutch on and go. Sealed spec engine. 196 clone with racing cam. Top plate, fuel pump, spec pipe, same head on every engine that can be teched

What would you say if I told you I can offer an alternative to the predator problem? For a cost of $285. Put your clutch on and go. Sealed spec engine. 196 clone with racing cam. Top plate, fuel pump, spec pipe, same head on every engine that can be teched
Are you referring to the Tillotsen 196 r sealed engine?

Nope. Box Stock Project
I think local to me, a person would have a hard time getting it started. The local predator guys seem to really be well rooted in them by now, and of course, nobody wants to worry about tech.

Side question, with the BSP, do you know how quickly they can turn around a rebuild/assembly. My only thought is, for a lot of guys, once a motor is torn down, it goes back to the builder for reassembly. Im not sure how many local builders will want to reassemble BSP engines.

I think local to me, a person would have a hard time getting it started. The local predator guys seem to really be well rooted in them by now, and of course, nobody wants to worry about tech.

Side question, with the BSP, do you know how quickly they can turn around a rebuild/assembly. My only thought is, for a lot of guys, once a motor is torn down, it goes back to the builder for reassembly. Im not sure how many local builders will want to reassemble BSP engines.
Nope. Box Stock Project
im worried this is a sarcastic post and i took the bait.

Looking at it from a beginner or someone who just wants too have fun .
Nothing is going to compete with the harbor freight predator . 99.00 out the door . Buy a chassis and engine now I'm a race car driver .
For a local or backyard type deal its the bomb .
As a sanctioned race engine its , not it .
As an imbedded racer , I don't know If i could run one stock or that I would even try .

Not a sour caustic post. I am working on dealership for getting it started here in my area. It is sealed. If seal is broken it’s illegal
Are there certified builders similar to big car crate engines, or just dealers? I'm wondering about rebuilds/refreshes.

I would be all for it as for dealers you should get the tracks to sell it. what's the power compared to the predator built clone?

Sorry. Darn talk to text. I will be doingDyno time on all engines I let out the door. If I have one that is a dud it will go back to Where I got it and get another. If the seal isn’t broken no reason for tech. All engines in my area will go through me should I decide to take this on.
I am considering making it an alcohol carb.
The engine is growing in the south because of the problems with the predator and no tech. BSP was 40 engines behind when I talked to them.
The engine, with a few changes, can be moved up to the pro class when the driver decides he would like to.
The engine is capable of 6600 rpm. The flywheel is rated at 10,000 rpm.
There are a few hurdles to jump but I see it a possibility especially if I can get 4 or 5 karters in a class at the track to demonstrate it.
I will keep ya posted

Its not a $100 and its not go down the road and buy one. Got to ship it and then when it has issues got to ship it back. Every option has its quirks

285.00 ? Wow I'm thinking that may be tough im not sure till you buy all the stuff that you will be able to sell for that price good luck whatever makes the sport grow

Back