wild KT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess a decent amount considering KT’s don’t have a balance shaft and being on dirt if the track is super rough, I’d say there’s probably some stress on it coming into play. Especially if the track is rough and you have bite because the LR and RR rails aren’t static in the corners and don’t match eachother in that motion.
Batesville is about as rough as it gets, not one issue.

I know from experience that the amount of work goes up by the square of the number of engines.

Twin engine = 4x the work
Triple engine = 9x the work?

YIKES!

I admire the ingenuity though!

PM
About as simple as it gets. Your thinking is wrong.
Just show me the cranking procedure!!
Insert the hand held starter and fire it up just like any other.

Love the crazy idea and might be cheaper to run KT100s than other engines, but why running 3 than might just make the same power as for example a single Sudam on methanol, or even less if you consider the power lost since obviously adding engines doesn't add power proportionally? Love and respect the creativity and using resources already available, but a single stock last generation water cooled 100cc ICA will produce mid 30s hp on gas, just like 2 of this KT100s, and will put down more power on the wheels than a couple of KT100s and maybe not much less usable power than 3. Again love to see things like this, really nice, but don't think it is effective or practical. would be interesting to put my 3 98 TSL PCRs though.

The cool factor is a part of it .
They obviously have it figured out .
Practical ? , racing is impractical from a monetary standpoint .
Same difference as riding a big twin or a kawasaki one might be faster for cheaper . two differnt feelings though .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back