Harbor Freight 212 Ghost

Why does F1, Nascar, and WoO Late models, Sprints and about every other form of racing have weight rules?

(Edit)
Here, I'll answer if for you, Power to weight ratio.
The weight rules for what you noted are only there for safety and have nothing at all to do with power to weight

The reason for all the classes is because people in general have gotten bigger and fatter.

The reason for more tall people is in days of old when longer range weapons were refined and there was less hand to hand combat, the tall died first because they were bigger targets.

So in what way does the weight provide safety?
What are you smoking asking a dumb question like that?

Here's an equally dumb question which tells it all.
How much does a roll cage weight?

Do you need a roll cage to go fast?
Answer: No but you'll probably need it to make weight.

Please keep this a beginner class , if you have to cheat it up did you really win . Good lesson for your kid ( unless You are a CEO or a Lawyer }

Please keep this a beginner class , if you have to cheat it up did you really win . Good lesson for your kid ( unless You are a CEO or a Lawyer }
Those words were uttered back in the flathead days to…. Ain’t gonna happen. Heck you buy an 89 dollar engine to race with and they fiddle around with it.

Latest new items harbor freight email had this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220419-221644.jpg
    Screenshot_20220419-221644.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20220419-221635.jpg
    Screenshot_20220419-221635.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 66
Its interesting to see people who have been gleefully and repeatedly spending a hundred bucks a pop for 10 years, on water pump/rototiller engines they fully know are a piece of crap, searching for the magic ones that run better than the rest. And now there is a promise of a better program that at least hints of a controlled product that will do what your $99 special couldnt do. All you naysayers, post your results with this engine so far. I havent seen anyone saying theyve bought one and it does/doesnt have promise based on your results. If its a matter of not having $300 bucks for the motor just say so. We get it. To date its looking like a witch hunt.

Most times when HF posts an item as coming soon in their email it means it will hit stores inside of a month so the first ones should hit a track in the next 30 days (maybe as soon as 10 days

Its interesting to see people who have been gleefully and repeatedly spending a hundred bucks a pop for 10 years, on water pump/rototiller engines they fully know are a piece of crap, searching for the magic ones that run better than the rest. And now there is a promise of a better program that at least hints of a controlled product that will do what your $99 special couldnt do. All you naysayers, post your results with this engine so far. I havent seen anyone saying theyve bought one and it does/doesnt have promise based on your results. If its a matter of not having $300 bucks for the motor just say so. We get it. To date its looking like a witch hunt.
Roll back the clock to 1990 and the same thing applies. That is how the Briggs flat head started. Then Briggs improved it to the several "Raptor" versions and then finally, when the government killed the flathead, Briggs held out until they couldn't and stepped up with the next generation race engine .
History repeating itself.

Some info from the FB group that I copied from another forum. Still not sure what to make of HF's end game on this one...

Dyno numbers from Gary Costanza. I think he’s going to do same with a 206 for comparison.
12.07@4800 , 13.79ft lb @ 4400 (The torque seems to fall off a cliff pretty fast though)

From Gary…

“Nice little motor . No issues out of the box . Idled down to 1300 and ran rich thru out the pull . Well tuned little carb. Out of the box the Ghost’s carb is tuned very good . As I dumped the throttle , the mix got richer . Thats what everybody whats their carb to do . When they go lean , then pickup , that gives you the dreaded “Bog” . I really can’t pickup much from this in fine tuning”

1652752960021.png

4 cycle racing is very diluted.

World Formula
Predator
Subaru
Tillotson

And now this . . .

I’m a capitalist- so on that front I get it, but the 4 cycle community does not need another engine manufacturer (unless) they are really bringing something special to the table. Which I am not seeing out of Predator with this package . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Diluted lol. Maybe one of the old timers will chime in on all the engines dating back to McCullough lol. The problem is either way to many engines or racers with to narrow of a mind to look for a simple answer as to how to run multi engines together. If only there was an organization that had a 30 year track record of doing this......

Back