WAKE UPTrack Promotors

If you want to tinker, go race a mod class. Box stock should mean BOX STOCK. Remove the low oil sensor only, and add a chain guard and go race. Parity isn't as important as the illusion / impression of parity. Somebody will always do their homework better, but getting close fields and wins by .3 sec. is a whole lot better then the usual. And there should be a rule that PRO can't run the class unless they line up scratch and use a track-supplied box stock engine. :)

No...I think I'll continue to lobby for and participate in the class that is designed exactly as I stated above.

Thanks for telling me what to do but....no thanks.

Well im already seeing predators for 3-400 plus so I dont think it will be long before we start seeing predators and clones around the same price....

Keep it up guys, makes me happy to race bp animals and watch the prices on those going down down down lol.

As a predator racer this is all very upsetting as i can honestly say i have done nothing to my engine. but at he same time i feel pretty good because i'm usually at the front of the pack.

i feel like the issue is these motors are so down on power its a huge benefit to pickup a 1/2hp. Would we better off with a box stock class of a predator big block or something thats putting out closer to 15hp so you can spin a tire?

That would be fun . The issue I see is , it will not stop the current rule creep or outright cheating . Everyone still wants to go faster then the next person .

Can ya buy one for $119?
$99 on sale lol. The 206 may be easier on tech but its more expensive for sure. If you allow a small amount of mod, such as springs, pipes, intake and jets you can get predators to slip the tire without spending big money.

$99 on sale lol. The 206 may be easier on tech but its more expensive for sure. If you allow a small amount of mod, such as springs, pipes, intake and jets you can get predators to slip the tire without spending big money.
Back east they dont allow any of that. They want you to take it out of the box and bolt it on literally they are running as much power as a kids clone class. I agree those mods help wake them up and get them close to a clone. We looked at going to twister and i was blown away that adults are running plates on predators at that place.

Back east they dont allow any of that. They want you to take it out of the box and bolt it on literally they are running as much power as a kids clone class. I agree those mods help wake them up and get them close to a clone. We looked at going to twister and i was blown away that adults are running plates on predators at that place.
I am confused. I didnt know that they were running plates on the predators.

I have never run a plate on the predators. I dont know of anybody who does.

I like the predator class and run it myself. The problem is the cheating and the builders who are promoting it. Why not tell the customer you wanna go fast buy my clone. not "oh i'll help you cheat your motor up". no tech different rules all over the place. There isn't even a consensus to the drilling of the gas cap!?! I put in two holes so now its illegal at Dawgwood. . If you give it tech then you open it up to blueprinting but the racer is also limited to the quality control of two factories making a 3 versions of a $50 engine for harbor freight. Do i buy 4 engines and have them dynoed? That's almost the price of a clone rebuild almost a L206. The wake up call to the track Promoters is In the mid to late 90s we had 1 engine the flathead, and one rule set that was good at nearly every track in the south east At Dumplin Valley, on given Saturday night, the kart counts were twice what they are now and we all ran for plastic trophies not money. we also qualified, raced 10 lap heats and 20 lap features and a tech inspected your kart and painted it ( i think it helped keep people honest). because of all the classes/motor types today you have 20 races of 2- 8 racers doing 7 / 15 laps with a pil draw and it takes all day and all night. Racing against two people ain't racing in my book. but when people say I want more power they should be told to run the clone NOT oh let them cheat everybody does it.

Don’t blame the engine builders, they are in business to earn a living like everyone. Customer says “I want this or that done”, of course they’ll serve the customer. It’s not their responsibility to play moral compass for the racer. You think a cheater won’t cheat up the 206?

I like the predator class and run it myself. The problem is the cheating and the builders who are promoting it. Why not tell the customer you wanna go fast buy my clone. not "oh i'll help you cheat your motor up". no tech different rules all over the place. There isn't even a consensus to the drilling of the gas cap!?! I put in two holes so now its illegal at Dawgwood. . If you give it tech then you open it up to blueprinting but the racer is also limited to the quality control of two factories making a 3 versions of a $50 engine for harbor freight. Do i buy 4 engines and have them dynoed? That's almost the price of a clone rebuild almost a L206. The wake up call to the track Promoters is In the mid to late 90s we had 1 engine the flathead, and one rule set that was good at nearly every track in the south east At Dumplin Valley, on given Saturday night, the kart counts were twice what they are now and we all ran for plastic trophies not money. we also qualified, raced 10 lap heats and 20 lap features and a tech inspected your kart and painted it ( i think it helped keep people honest). because of all the classes/motor types today you have 20 races of 2- 8 racers doing 7 / 15 laps with a pil draw and it takes all day and all night. Racing against two people ain't racing in my book. but when people say I want more power they should be told to run the clone NOT oh let them cheat everybody does it.
i wish we could get 7/15 laps. Our local place sure seems like 5/10

Don’t blame the engine builders, they are in business to earn a living like everyone. Customer says “I want this or that done”, of course they’ll serve the customer. It’s not their responsibility to play moral compass for the racer. You think a cheater won’t cheat up the 206?
ive always thought the same thing when I see engine builders stickers all the 206's!

Back